Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Britain's got flame, Burger King gets lame

I'm usually one of the first to applaud Burger King's crazy but wildly creative stunts. But this one is a bit too weird for me.

Piers Morgan from Britain's Got Talent 'endorses' FLAME, a new cologne from Burger King in this mock TVC (or is it a real TVC?).

The scent (and I'm getting this from the BK website) "bucks the trend with a hint of flame-grilled beef. What’s more, beyond helping Burger King®’s signature burgers to sizzle, the hint of flame-grilled beef is reputedly also a surprising scent of seduction!"

There's even a real honest-to-goodness scent you can buy, if you were absolutely wanting to smell like a flame-grilled burger.

Even if I played along with the joke, why would anyone want to smell like a burger? Do YOU know anyone who would get the hots for you if you smelled like one?

In the world I come from, smelling like beef is more 'eeeew!' rather than 'ooooooh!".

(That's it: eau de eeeeeeeew! )

It's not funny. It's not even sexy.

I don't get it. Am I missing something or what?

No comments:

Check these out:

Related Posts with Thumbnails